Below are 7 ways to ensure your website is ready for the "after school care" peak season:
1. Check your ranking in Google for "After School Care" or "After School Care Programs" without using quotes or a geographic modifier (e.g. "after school care <yourcityname>") in the search. Organic search is the most effective and least expensive channel to drive visits to your website. If your ranking is not high, you will need to consider a paid Adwords campaign and/or targeted facebook campaigns to ensure you are top of mind with local Moms.
2. Ensure your After School Care program page is optimized with keywords that busy moms use when searching online. Remember, your growth will come from the "busy mom" looking for after school programs but she's not necessarily looking for you (YMCA or JCC). Quality page titles, page headings, page copy & relevant images are key to rank well and create interest.
Hint: Moms are searching for "after school care" - make sure you lead with that and when they view your page, you can then explain what you call it internally or how it's so much more than just after school care.
3. Ensure you have a dedicated Google Grants campaign for "After School Care" with your MAX CPC set to $2.00. Even though your after school ads using Google Grants may not rank as high this time of year, a high quality after school care program page will help drive ad impressions, clicks and visits. Need help with Google Grants, contact us.
<== Google Grants Hint: Add a "After School Care" sitelink to your branded campaign as well as to other campaigns to ensure broad awareness during peak season.
4. Ensure you have several calls-to-action on your pages. The YMCA of Greater Rochester provides two main calls to action on their main after school care page:
Register Online (red button) and Contact Us (blue button) [see image on right]
UI Note: People love pushing red buttons, they can't stop themselves - so give them want they want. ;)
5. Create separate pages for each school or school district you provide after school care services for and you will enhance your organic search results even more. Make it easy for busy moms to find you and help them understand how it works at their child's school.
Nerd Note: Be sure and use canonical tags to prevent duplicate content issues. Need help with this, call us at 844-522-9622.