- Search volumes begin to rise in SEPTEMBER
- Initial search volume peak occurs in NOVEMBER (1st week of the month)
- Search drops very slightly in DECEMBER
- Second (and the highest) search volume peak occurs in JANUARY (1st week of the month)
There are several related & relevant search queries (in addition to "youth basketball") that prospective program participants are also searching for in your geographic are including:
- youth basketball leagues
- basketball drills, youth basketball drills - interesting idea for related pages
- youth basketball tournaments
- ymca basketball & ymca youth basketball
- basketball camps
Extremely important: Make sure you are using canonical tags if you have multiple pages for youth basketball on your site in order to avoid duplicate content penalties from search engines which will decrease your organic search rank and decrease visits to your site. (note: this is a very common issue for Ys and Js)
Some search volume trends and seasonal patterns, relevant or not to "youth basketball" , correlate highly with youth basketball search patterns. For example, searches for "youth basketball leagues" correlates highly with searches for "youth basketball" (r=0.9417) - see below:
- recreation basketball (r=0.9399) - no surprise here and be sure and add this keyword to your Google Ad Grant account.
- indoor soccer (r=0.9397) - if you offer this program, add an indoor soccer sitelink to your youth basketball campaigns in your google ad grants - or vice-versa, depending on which program is larger for your Y or J.
- indoor field hockey (r=0.8961)- if you offer this program, add an indoor field hockey sitelink to your youth basketball campaigns in your google ad grants - or vice-versa, depending on which program is larger for your Y or J.
- indoor sports (r=0.8854) - this is a great idea for an additional index page - similar to a "youth sports" page. Consider creating a page with all of your "indoor sports" and link to each sport page from this page - then create a campaign in Google ad grants for "indoor sports".
Good luck with the Youth Basketball season and let us know if we can help you and your team make it outstanding!